Cheese gifts. How to choose the perfect cheese selection…
If you have cheese lover as a friend or relative, then a cheese gift may just be the perfect present for them, whether it’s for their birthday, a special treat, Easter or even the upcoming Mother’s Day and Father’s Day!
But choosing what cheese to give them as a gift is always difficult, especially as at The Courtyard Dairy some of the cheeses are a bit more unique and different…
Well Andy and Kathy and their staff are always available to assist – you are more than welcome to give The Courtyard Dairy a ring (01729 892902) to chat over what cheese gift to give and what cheeses are tasting amazing at the moment.
But to give you a helpful start, The Courtyard Dairy has created some pre-set cheese selection boxes and cheese hampers: from the soft and smelly French cheese box to the traditional hard British cheese selection. Click here to view the whole cheese gift box range. Each features a balanced selection of cheese, with a range of flavours and textures.
If you’re after a block of cheese for a gift for that special person, here are some handy cheese-choosing tips to help you select the ideal cheese as a present.
- If they love strong hard cheeses: try Old Winchester, Sparkenhoe Vintage or Dale End Cheddar
- If they like soft and smelly cheeses: try Tunworth, Langres or St James
- If they like a strong blue such as Roquefort: Bleu des Causses, Beenleigh Blue
whereas if they like a blue such as Stilton: Stichelton is a must
- For goats’ milk cheese lovers: Dorstone, Bi-Caillou or Killeen Gouda (as something different)
- And for those who like a crumbly fresh cheese (think Lancashire, Cheshire, Caerphilly and Wensleydale): Anster is a nice change, but we do have Kirkham’s Lancashire, Richard III Wensleydale and Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Click here to view a previous blog on how to create the perfect cheeseboard, which can help you to create an ideal, balanced cheese selection.